Scientific name: Scortum Barcoo
Other common names: Barcoo Grunter
- A hardy species, Jade Perch are omnivores which survive on a wide variety of foods, such as zooplankton, small crustaceans, aquatic insects, molluscs, algae, duck weed and other plant material.
- Artificial food is readily accepted from fingerling stage onwards. Note: Take care not to overfeed as they are voracious feeders!
- Some Jades have been caught weighing in at 3.5 kg.
- Considered excellent eating. Research on over 200 species shows Queensland Jade Perch have the highest content of beneficial Omega 3 oils than any other fish.
- Tolerates temperature from 13°c - 32°c and pH range between 6 - 9.
- Grows up to twice as fast as Silver Perch.
- Very well suited for aquaponics or recirculating tank systems.
PRICING (ex. gst and delivery)
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
3-5cm $2.50 $2.00
5-7cm $3.00 $2.50
7-10cm $5.50 $5.00